Banjoball League (BBL) (Dota 2)

Discussion in 'MMR League Play' started by ozil the alien, Jun 7, 2016.

1. ozil the alien BBL Mod Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The Banjoball League (BBL) is an inhouse league for Dota 2 Banjoball that is run on Discord. There are currently three separate leagues running in Australia, Europe and Asia, all with their own solo ladders. There is a stat-tracking bot inside the Banjoball League Discord Server which tracks players wins/losses as well as MMR as they participate in the league. League seasons currently last for one month each, then winners are announced and all stats are reset. The second season has just started on June 1st and will run until the end of the month, be sure to join in for some great games!

To participate in the league follow the steps below:
    1)
    Join the Banjoball League Discord Server (Use your steam name):
    Invite Link> https://discordapp.com/invite/0ymW5P1TI3uzWgrE
    Server> discord.gg/0ymW5P1TI3uzWgrE

2) Read the rules and fill out a sign-up sheet for the region you want to play in (takes 2 mins): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ibvVJ1o7CSuPl8AfdEJN4j--2ivC93XOKulVq28M_BE
    After you have signed up, pm a Server/League Moderator in discord and they will give you permission to play in the league.

3) Join the text-channel inside Discord for the region you signed up for; #aus-bbl, #eu-bbl or #asia-bbl - and write !join

That's it! Now wait for the queue to fill and then two teams will be produced based on MMR. A password will also be produced which you will use to join the Banjoball lobby inside Dota 2. Good luck & have fun =)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arhowk Member Developer

Ratings:
    +15 / 5 / -40
    If you find an acceptable method for calculating MMR and other statistics than it can easily be implemented in-game. (I've had it on my to-do list for a while but I've been away from banjoball due to a family emergency)

3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Atm they're doing it through Discord bots. It's pretty effective. I'll work on in game MMR after the game crashing bug gets resolved (see 'never'), unless you have time to work on it again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sleek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +81 / 39 / -16
    oh no....

• Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
  5. Arhowk Member Developer

Ratings:
    +15 / 5 / -40
    fuckin rip m8

i already pointed out the ~60 lines of code that are the culprit

6. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Those aren't the only lines of code that run during pauses though... :'(

7. Arhowk Member Developer

Ratings:
    +15 / 5 / -40
    debug.lua proof por favor

8. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    Calling it a league makes many people wary of joining for some reason.